We are Orthodontic Experts
We are Orthodontic Specialists
Orthodontic means making teeth straight. Orthodontic can help to fix crooked or crowded teeth. If you have a concern about crowded, uneven or crooked teeth then Orthodontic specialists and general dentists with special interests in orthodontic can help you straighten and even out your teeth to give you the smile you’ve always wanted.
Braces can also help to correct bite problems, which commonly lead to wearing down of the teeth, by moving teeth so that they are in a better position this can protect patients from wear and future more expensive and involved treatments.
Our expert dentists are able to assess your smile and offer minimally invasive options to straighten and perfect your smile. Often braces are the first step to a smile makeover, and can be very discreet and quick. We do not generally see any patients in braces for more than 6-12months.
There are two main types of braces:
- Fixed braces
- Invisible braces, a popular brand is ‘Invisalign’
Our dentists able to discuss your smile concerns and analyse the best route forward for you.
Should I have braces or Invisalign?
There are various factors involved in deciding which orthodontic approach to take. Our expert dentists will analyse your smile and bite and provide recommendations on best approach. Key criteria they will talk to you about include:
- Compliance – if you worry you won’t be able to stick to the rules for wearing the aliginers it may be better to opt for a ceramic (tooth coloured) bracket and wire system where you don’t have to think about your teeth on a daily basis
- Visits to the dentist – many of our patients travel significant distances to see us and therefore are concerned to keep dentist visits to a minimum. With fixed braces the visits are more frequent, perhaps every 3 weeks.
- Invisible – naturally Invisalign braces are less noticeable than a fixed brace (even though we tend to fit tooth coloured braces). This is often a significant factor for patients.
- Length of treatments – this varies significantly based on patient but typically traditional braces will take 3-9 months while Invisalign can range from 3-24 months. Typically for similar conditions Invisalign will take slightly longer due to the gradual movement of teeth enabled by the retainers.
Free Consultation Form
We guide people to achieve confident, healthy smiles that last many years.