Invisalign is the leading provider of clear braces that gradual move uneven teeth to give patients straight, even and open smiles.
We are a recognised provider of Invisalign – we always bespoke our treatment plans and use Invisalign as a tool within our plans to ensure our patients end up with exactly the look and feel they want.
Invisalign is one of the most popular treatments with our patients because it allows us to gradually straighten teeth without the discomfort of traditional metal braces.
Many of our patients come to us after having been told their only option is traditional braces or that “Invisalign won’t work for you” but due to the experience of our highly trained dentists a combination of treatments can often be applied to give you a much straighter smile – and still an ‘invisible’ treatment.
Invisalign is now one of the most popular teeth straightening systems in the UK. Having used Invisalign to straighten patients smiles for many years, we can see why!
Dr Lydia in particular thinks Invisalign is often the precise right answer for patients, especially adult patients wanting to straighten their teeth or improve their bite.
Key benefits of Invisalign are:
- Almost invisible – so a great option if you want to be subtle or are concerned about having metal braces due to their conspicuous appearance
- Very comfortable – compared to traditional metal braces the aligners are incredibly comfortable and are cut away from your gums to protect your mouth health
- Removable – this offers huge flexibility making it easier to clean and maintain your teeth as well as ease of eating and drinking
- Predictable - due to the advanced innovation with Invisalign it is easy to be very confident in the end result and able to know how long the treatment will take without having to come back to the dentist too often
- Whitening – the same aligners can be used for teeth whitening so you won’t need any extra moulds taken for whitening
What’s the process for getting Invisalign?
At your first appointment, we take our time to really understand the goals from all sides.
This will include talking to you (a rarity at a dentist, we know!) but we genuinely believe the first step is understanding all of your concerns – are you worried about the discomfort, the time, the aesthetics of needing to wear braces…? Our dentists want to know and we will factor that into the assessment
Then we move onto a detailed health assessment of each tooth, your gums and bite. We check for any speech or chewing issues as well – often small health issues can be fixed at the same time as cosmetic braces.
We will explain in detail (and in simple English!) what the treatment plan will entail, how long it will take and help you make any decisions required.
These plans are tailored based on patient requirements – for example, we often have people getting married soon who choose to split the treatment to do the ‘more important’ bit first. That’s ok – we understand and we work around you – it's your smile after all!
Do I need to wear the aligners all the time?
You can take the aligners out for eating, drinking and if need be particularly special occasions.
However, we recommend wearing them for 22 hours per day in order for the treatment to be effective and progress as quickly as possible. If you have particular reasons why you may not wear the aligner please discuss with your dentist and this can be incorporated into your treatment planning.
Page last updated and checked by Dr Sam Jethwa: August 17, 2020