We know all too well how missing teeth can affect the confidence of our patients.
Not only can they hinder your ability to talk, enjoy certain foods and even smile freely, but they can affect your life to a huge degree.
Regardless of whether you have one missing tooth or more, our many corrective and restorative solutions can provide you with a permanent and long-lasting restoration that is secure, comfortable and natural.
- Do you already have dentures that make you feel insecure?
- Do you have failing crowns or loose teeth?
- Would you like to fully restore your smile with a long-term, fixed solution?
What are cosmetic dentures?
At Bespoke Smile we only offer cosmetic dentures which are generally considered to be higher quality, better durability, improved function for chewing and speaking and look incredibly like real natural teeth.
A full denture is one that replaces all the missing teeth in either the upper or lower jaw.
This type will fit snugly over your gums and be supported by the jaw. Due to the unstable nature of the gums and natural shrinking of the jaw, a full denture can be associated with long term problems.
This can be overcome by ‘fixing’ the denture in place using dental implants.
A partial denture replaces some of the teeth only (in either upper or lower jaw).
These are typically supported by the remaining teeth. A partial denture can be fixed to an implant or bridge also making it a permanent denture.
Types of dentures:
- Partial dentures: If you have a couple of missing teeth it is critical to act fast before any neighbouring teeth begin to move into the gap left behind. Partial dentures allow patients to restore both function and aesthetics.
- Full dentures: When you have lost a complete set of teeth, it is more than your confidence that can be impacted. It is in these cases that we will craft high-quality dentures using the latest digital scanning technology, which will ensure comfortable non-slip fits.
- Implant-retained dentures: These types of dentures ensure complete comfort and convenience. Secured in place using titanium implants that are fixed to the jaw, which allows patients to not have to worry about any slippages, daily adhesives or discomfort.
Meet our implant and restorative dentists .
What are dentures made from?
Dentures are typically made from either acrylic (strong plastic) or cobalt-chromium (metal-based).
For both materials, the key element is how they are made rather than the material. At Bespoke Smile we never use ‘raw’ materials but instead, our ceramic technicians use the latest technology and materials to personalise the dentures to ensure they are the perfect match for the patient's gums and natural teeth.
The layering of colour onto the material also has the added benefit of making the dentures stronger and more long-lasting.
Why should I get dentures?
Dentures made with the right material and placed appropriately will mean:
- Better chewing because the denture will not move
- Stronger teeth (especially with cobalt-chromium which is a very durable material)
- A natural feeling smile
- Healthy teeth and gums protected
What’s the difference between dentures and false teeth?
False teeth also known as conventional dentures act as a prosthesis that is used to replace several missing teeth.
However, they can also be used to replace a single missing tooth also.
Fitting snugly over the gums they are often known to come loose and be uncomfortable.
In the case of strengthening your oral health, they are not often prescribed.
This is because, unlike other methods of restorative dentistry, for example, implant dentistry, traditional dentures do not promote good oral wellbeing.
Denture patients often experience:
- Loss of jawbone
- Further tooth loss
- Gum disease
- Tooth movement