Composite veneers are a type of veneer made from an extremely thin resin, designed to improve the look of your teeth and smile in a quick and painless procedure. Sometimes known as ‘composite bonding’ or ‘dental bondings’ composite veneers can be fitted to the patient’s tooth in as little as one visit, and usually require no drilling of the tooth.
Composite veneers can be used to improve the colour, shape, size, bite and overall look and feel of the tooth quickly and painlessly.
The composite veneers procedure
We’d recommend consulting with your dentist first about whether composite veneers a viable option for your teeth. They should go through with you:
- A general oral health check-up
- An overview of your history and predisposition to gum disease
- A discussion around costs, your budget, and what veneer type is suitable for your needs
- The confirmation that you are willing to practice good hygiene post-treatment and attend check-ups!
Next, we’ll have an initial consultation with you to understand exactly why you’re choosing composite veneers; whether you’re looking to improve the colour, shape, bite or size of your teeth. This will help us create the perfect composite veneers for you, which are all done bespoke for each patient by our highly trained and qualified dental technicians.
During this consultation, we’ll make sure your teeth and mouth are healthy and if so, we can proceed with fitting. You may choose to have your veneers made and fitted straight away, and if so, we’ll get to work!
You’ll then simply sit back in the chair while we clean your teeth and prepare them for the composite veneers; there won’t be any injections, and most often, no drilling either; the composite is bonded directly to your teeth. Our dental technician will then shape and sculpt the veneer to your desired look and polishes them to look like your real teeth.
And that’s it. If there are any tiny irregularities or imperfections your dentist will sort them there and then and you can start smiling and feeling great immediately. The entire process never takes more than a couple of hours and patients are always absolutely delighted with their results.
The benefits of composite veneers
Composite veneers are often chosen due to their non-invasive nature, but other benefits of composite veneers are:
- Composite veneers are often a cheaper alternative to other veneer options, like porcelain veneers
- The application process is faster than other types of veneers, with may composite veneers able to fit same day
- Composite veneers are a great option to tackle a range of issues people may be looking to fix with their smile, including misshapen teeth, discoloured teeth, and chipped teeth
- In nearly all cases, there is no need for drilling teeth when fitting composite veneers
- As they are covering the natural tooth, composite veneers will protect your teeth from staining
- Due to the resin material they are made from, any staining (although rare) that may occur can be easily removed.
- Composite veneers can be easily replaced, repaired, or removed with new composite material. In comparison, porcelain veneers are difficult to remove and typically stuck on for the remainder of their lifespan.
- It is great for people with dental anxieties since the procedure is quick and fairly painless. On most occasions, anaesthesia won’t be needed
- Composite veneers are easy to maintain. Patients simply have to follow good oral hygiene practices such as flossing, brushing their teeth, and attending routine dental check-ups
For every patient that visits the Bespoke Smile practice, we offer comprehensive consultations to give you the time you need to go through every aspect of your oral and dental health to achieve the desired outcomes. This includes full photography, x-rays, generous and advanced advice, treatment plans, and a full dental report.
How long do composite veneers last?
Composite veneers have an average lifespan of between 5 to 7 years. Once the veneers are worn down, they require a set of replacements. However, with proper care and maintenance, patients can prolong the life of their veneers.
Your dentist will recommend proper oral hygiene practices when taking care of veneers. Maintaining good oral health is crucial since bacteria can grow on your teeth and gums and affect your veneers.
Follow these aftercare tips as a guide to extending the life of your composite veneers:
- Brush twice per day.
- Floss daily and use mouthwash.
- Avoid chewing on hard objects. This means avoiding tearing open packages with your teeth, nibbling on your nails, or teeth grinding.
- Visit the dentist bi-annually for teeth cleanings and routine check-ups.
- Make sure to use non-abrasive toothpaste.
- Since composite veneers aren’t stain-resistant, avoid tooth-staining foods such as chocolate, soda, coffee, or red wine.
- Wear a mouthguard while playing sports.
Understanding the costs of composite veneers
One of the many benefits of composite veneers is that they are considerably cheaper than the alternative Porcelain material veneers can be made from. But this does not mean that composite veneers are not as good as porcelain veneers! You will find that most people would not be able to tell the end difference between the two.
If you’re looking for a single composite veneer, or would like to transform your whole smile, we offer 0% finance plans to help you spread your payments for up to 24 months.
Composite veneers before and after
Why not take a look at our composite veneers gallery which shows a selection of composite veneers before & after photos carried out at Bespoke Smile:
Replacing existing veneers?
If you’ve found yourself dissatisfied with veneers done by a previous dentist, we understand your frustration. Your smile should be a source of confidence and joy, and we’re here to make sure it is!
Choosing to replace your existing veneers can be a game-changer. Whether it’s an issue of aesthetics, durability, or discomfort, our experienced cosmetic dentistry team, led by Dr. Sam Jethwa, is here to guide you through the process.
Curious about what the process entails? Dr. Jethwa has prepared a comprehensive guide just for you. In his guide, he’ll walk you through everything you need to know about replacing veneers. From understanding the reasons for replacement to the step-by-step procedure, it’s your roadmap to a smile makeover.
Begin your journey to a more confident you today! Click below to access Dr. Sam Jethwa’s guide and start exploring the possibilities of replacing your existing veneers.
Patient Stories: See more happy smiles!
At Bespoke Smile, we don’t just create beautiful smiles we create stories worth sharing, and our patients’ journeys are the real stars of our practice. In this video playlist, you’ll get an idea of the journey out incredible patients went on to get their brand-new smile.
Our patients aren’t actors; they’re everyday people just like you, who decided to take a leap towards a brighter, more confident future. We believe in transparency, and that’s why we’re proud to showcase their genuine stories of transformation.