We have all heard of or seen people with old-fashioned, thick porcelain veneers. These veneers had to be thick to be strong enough and required more drilling of the natural tooth than would be ideal. Times have changed, and the goals now are to produce aesthetic results with Ultra Thin porcelain veneers, which require either minimal or no drilling of the natural tooth.
Often, they are referred to as no-prep veneers. No shaving of natural teeth is required in many cases, and they are the most popular choice of veneers among patients.
The Ultra Thin veneers procedure
The treatment process begins with a discussion between you and your dentist. With the rise in popularity of veneers and impressive technological advances in dentistry, more widely varying types of veneers have emerged:
Together, whilst planning your treatment, your dentist will consider your goals and desires for your smile and discuss what treatment will be the best for you.
If necessary, Ultra Thin veneers can be combined with alternative orthodontic treatments including teeth straightening. If you require teeth straightening, it may be beneficial to have this done before your ultra-thin veneer fitting.
When choosing your cosmetic dentist, Dr. Sam Jethwa comes highly recommended and has many years of practice in handcrafting and placing various kinds of veneers. At Bespoke Smile we use a 3 step journey for our patients looking for veneers:
So that our patients are 100% happy with their new smile before we apply the veneers, we will hand-design a bespoke Trial Smile created using composite resin for the teeth you wish to improve. We can also provide a gum lift and additional shaping using a pain-free laser. This is an extremely difficult procedure so only experts can provide it, and this additional benefit is one of the many reasons that make Bespoke stand out among other dentists.
Bespoke choices and colour visit
This step gives you the opportunity to personalise your results. We will consider the shapes; symmetry, angles, feel, bite, and texture of the Trial Smile and decide on the bespoke features that you would like to incorporate. We will also use this session to decide which colour suits you best!
In the final stage, your trial smile will be removed and the permanent veneers are fitted onto the teeth. We will also carry out a comprehensive bite balancing to ensure the mouth is healthy and stable.
The benefits of Ultra Thin veneers
The main benefit of Ultra Thin Veneers are that it’s a minimally invasive treatment, meaning it’s more likely to last longer since the tooth structure beneath the veneer has not suffered any weakening. They are also 4x thinner than traditional veneers, meaning drilling the tooth can be minimised or avoided completely.
Other benefits of Ultra Thin veneers include:
- Minimally invasive: Although the veneer treatment generally requires less tooth preparation than people often assume, the ultra thin treatment demands even less. This reduces the likelihood of the teeth becoming weakened, especially since the ultra-thin veneers then provide a protective layer over the original teeth.
- Long-lasting: The bonding stage of the treatment is carried out mainly on the outer surface of the tooth, meaning the bond is extremely high and the veneers are likely to last a long time (as long as they are cared for correctly).
- No/little drilling: The drill is not used to make holes in any of your teeth, though it can be used to roughen the surface of the enamel which is one stage of the bonding process.
- Personalised smile: You can use Ultra Thin veneers to adjust the colour of one tooth or to achieve a full smile makeover. Additionally, you can adjust the colouring and sizing of your teeth as desired. At Bespoke Smile, we do this via Dr Sam Jethwa’s Trial Smile technique.
- Exceptional results: Our patients repeatedly leave our practice satisfied with their results and proud of their new smiles.
- Little postoperative sensitivity: Since hardly any enamel has been removed, patients are less likely to experience post-op sensitivity after treatment.
How long do Ultra Thin veneers last?
If cared for correctly they can last up to 20+ years, but we say on average 10–15, and you will need to come to the dentist for normal regular check–ups, as one would without veneers, to ensure everything is healthy.
However, it’s important to note that individual habits and oral hygiene practices can influence the longevity of veneers. Regular brushing, flossing, and dental check-ups are crucial to maintaining the health of both the veneers and underlying teeth. Over time, natural wear and tear may occur, and veneers may require replacement or repair.
Follow these aftercare tips as a guide to extending the life of your veneers:
- Brush twice per day.
- Floss daily and use mouthwash.
- Avoid chewing on hard objects. This means avoiding tearing open packages with your teeth, nibbling on your nails, or teeth grinding.
- Visit the dentist bi-annually for teeth cleanings and routine check-ups.
- Make sure to use a non-abrasive toothpaste.
- Wear a mouthguard while playing sports.
Understanding the costs of Ultra Thin veneers
Understanding the costs of Ultra Thin Veneers is crucial for those considering a complete smile transformation. Costs vary depending on the extent of work you’re looking to have done, but the long-term benefits of achieving a confident and captivating smile make Ultra Thin Veneers a worthwhile choice for those seeking a minimally invasive and aesthetically pleasing solution.
If you’re looking for a single ultra thin veneer, or would like to enhance your whole smile, we offer 0% finance plans to help you spread your payments for up to 24 months.
Ultra Thin veneers before and after
Replacing existing veneers?
If you’ve found yourself dissatisfied with veneers done by a previous dentist, we understand your frustration. Your smile should be a source of confidence and joy, and we’re here to make sure it is!
Choosing to replace your existing veneers can be a game-changer. Whether it’s an issue of aesthetics, durability, or discomfort, our experienced cosmetic dentistry team, led by Dr. Sam Jethwa, is here to guide you through the process.
Curious about what the process entails? Dr. Jethwa has prepared a comprehensive guide just for you. In his guide, he’ll walk you through everything you need to know about replacing veneers. From understanding the reasons for replacement to the step-by-step procedure, it’s your roadmap to a smile makeover.
Begin your journey to a more confident you today! Click below to access Dr. Sam Jethwa’s guide and start exploring the possibilities of replacing your existing veneers.
Patient Stories: See more happy smiles!
At Bespoke Smile, we don’t just create beautiful smiles we create stories worth sharing, and our patients’ journeys are the real stars of our practice. In this video playlist, you’ll get an idea of the journey out incredible patients went on to get their brand-new smile.
Our patients aren’t actors; they’re everyday people just like you, who decided to take a leap towards a brighter, more confident future. We believe in transparency, and that’s why we’re proud to showcase their genuine stories of transformation.