Maintenance & Aftercare
Last medically reviewed by : September 24, 2020
If you have made the commitment to get veneers, it is understandable you will want to keep them in the best possible.
At Bespoke Smile, we make sure to provide our patients with all of the information they need in order to care for their smile easily.
Below we have answered some common questions, to give you a basic understanding of the maintenance involved in caring for veneers.
Are veneers permanent?
Veneers generally last between 10-15 years, but the better you care for them the longer they will last.
Can veneers fall off?
Porcelain veneers are attached to the teeth using a technical, specialised procedure and if the veneer does fall off, it is likely that this is because they were not applied properly during the application stage.
Click here to read about our esteemed dentist Dr Sam Jethwa, who sets the high standards for our treatment at Bespoke Smile.
Do you have to brush veneers?
You should continue to brush and floss your veneers as you would normal teeth, and organise regular check-ups in order to ensure everything is going well with your new smile.
Caring for your veneers: what kind of maintenance is involved?
To ensure your veneers last as long as possible, it is essential you know how to treat and care for them properly.
Below is some advice on how to best look after your veneers:
- Ensure optimum oral hygiene: Keeping a solid oral hygiene routine is vital even if you don’t have veneers, so don’t let this slip once you get veneers. Even though porcelain veneers don’t decay, your natural teeth that are still exposed remain vulnerable to decay. To keep your veneers looking as good as possible, continue to brush twice a day, floss daily and organise regular
- Keep your gums healthy: If you become subject to gum disease it can lead to inflammation and even cause your gums to recede. Gum disease usually occurs from poor oral hygiene and a buildup of plaque, so again it is important to prioritise your oral hygiene. However, things like smoking, age, diabetes and stress can also cause gum disease.
- Don’t chew on hard objects and avoid teeth-grinding: Although porcelain is a highly durable material, any material can become worn down over time when subjected to repeated attrition. Grinding teeth can cause severe damage to your veneers, grinding teeth is a harmful habit regardless of whether or not you have veneers.
- Organise frequent dental check-ups: We recommend a check-up every six months unless you have any additional issues we think require more frequent monitoring. Check-ups allow us to identify any issues with your veneers before they become a major issue, which means we can repair them and keep your smile in the best possible condition.
What makes Bespoke different?
There are many talented dentists in London and across the UK performing similar treatments that we do.
What makes us different is our dedication to customers satisfaction – we have been described as, “a dental practice that doesn’t feel like a dental practice.”
We put our customers first and combine rigorous technical expertise with a friendly personalised approach.
We want to dispel the fears around dental care and allow people to take the bold step to transform their current teeth into their dream smile.
Find out for yourself how we stand out…
Talk to our friendly staff on 01628 488 538.
What our previous patients have said…
- “Absolutely fantastic staff, friendly and very professional. The level of service is second to none. Thank you Bespoke smile Marlow – I’m so grateful for how you’ve transformed my smile!” – Ria Kotecha, Windsor
- “Great place and extremely knowledgeable staff. I have been there on weekends too which is such a bonus! The best dental practice I have been to.” – Rik Samani, Marlow