“I hate my small teeth”
“I can’t see my teeth when I smile”
“I feel like my teeth look small”
“I think my teeth are too small for my face”
“my teeth are tiny!”
Does this sound like you???
Read on to learn what causes small teeth and what you can do about it!
Causes of small teeth:
Worn down teeth
- Over time, people who have high acid diets, (lemon water for eg) will cause erosion and wear down their teeth
- People who use acidic dental products such as fake news whitening with banana peel or overuse of charcoal abrasive products will wear down their teeth
- People who have a bite problem, and are grinding their teeth through buxism or clenching of their jaws
Mis proportioned teeth
- Sometimes, our teeth are just out of proportion with our faces, and just develop to be small teeth, small teeth would be fine in a small face, but they would look too small in someone who’s face needs bigger teeth. Success in cosmetic dentistry is for the dentist to really and truly understand proportion so create and help you to choose the right size teeth for you – you don’t want to end up with teeth are too big!
- Often gappy teeth and small teeth go hand in hand because the development of the jaw developed to accommodate the correct sized teeth, but the teeth never came out that size. That is why there are spaces between the teeth.
What can you do about small teeth?
Visit our smile gallery to see examples of small teeth smiles we have treated
- Veneers without extensive tooth preparation, or ultra thin or super thin veneers will mean little to no touching of the tooth an a beautiful long lasting result. With veneers, using a hand made trial smile method, that Dr Sam Jethwa is internationally recognised for, proportion can be improved, without teeth appearing too big, spaces can be closed, and most other aspects of the smile can be improved. Find out more about veneers here
- You can use composite resin, which is a white filling material to shape, add, and improve the overall look of the teeth. There are many advantages to this treatment option. To check if it is right for you please click here
- Braces do not need to be ugly or metal anymore! Now you can close gappy teeth spacing up using clear aligners