Last medically reviewed by Dr Sam Jethwa: October 15, 2020
Ultra-thin veneers are durable, porcelain and – as suggested by the name – extremely thin.
Often, they are referred to as no-prep veneers.
They are a popular choice of veneers amongst our patients because they provide great results while demanding minimal tooth preparation and therefore keeping the majority of tooth tissue still intact.
This means that the tooth tissue beneath the veneer will not be weakened.
A more attractive smile that lasts a lifetime
One benefit of having a minimally invasive treatment is that the treatment is more likely to last longer since the tooth structure beneath the veneer has not suffered any weakening.
If cared for correctly they can last up to 20 years, but we say on average 10-15, and you will need to come to the dentist for regular check-ups to ensure everything is healthy.
Technological developments in cosmetic dentistry and shifts in modern ceramic materials have transformed veneer techniques.
Extremely thin veneers can now be made and even without the need for extensive filing of the enamel, they don’t appear too bulky for the teeth.
The main goal with a minimally-invasive procedure is to carry out the least amount of damage on the tooth structure to preserve the original enamel.
Discover: What is Different About Our Veneers?
What tooth preparation is required?
This means they are a good option for those who suffer from dental anxiety or phobias.
However, you should keep in mind that like most of our treatments we promote a bespoke approach.
This means that the details of each treatment are case-specific since we want to find the perfect solution for your teeth rather than repeating the same procedure for all of our patients regardless of their needs.
See Before and afters.
Ultra-thin veneers are often between 0.2 and 0.4 mm in thickness, and since the application is extremely intricate, it is something that you would not want just any dentist attempting.
Our team of caring dental staff and skilled dentists at Bespoke Smile have a wide range of experience in multiple fields of cosmetic dentistry and are highly experienced in providing the optimum level of care for our patients. Team.
Call 01628 488 538
Process and procedure
The treatment process begins with a discussion between you and your dentist, Dr Sam Jethwa comes highly recommended and has many years of practice in handcrafting and placing various kinds of veneers.
Had such a wonderful experience at this place. The staff are extremely professional, friendly and helpful – they really do know their stuff! I’m already looking forward to my next appointment! – Dee, Marlow
With the rise in popularity of veneers and impressive technological advances in dentistry more widely, varying types of veneers have emerged:
Together, whilst planning your treatment we will consider your goals and desires for your smile and discuss what treatment will be the best for you.
If necessary, ultra-thin veneers can be combined with alternative orthodontic treatments including teeth straightening.
If you require teeth straightening, it may be beneficial to have this done before your ultra-thin veneer fitting.
Benefits of ultra-thin veneers?
- Minimally invasive: Although the veneer treatment generally requires less tooth preparation than people often assume – the ultra-thin treatment demands even less. This reduces the likelihood of the teeth becoming weakened, especially since the ultra-thin veneers then provide a protective layer over the original teeth.
- Long-lasting: The bonding stage of the treatment is carried out mainly on the outer surface of the tooth, meaning the bond is extremely high and the veneers are likely to last a long time (as long as they are cared for correctly).
- No drilling: The drill is not used to make holes in any of your teeth, though it can be used to roughen the surface of the enamel which is one stage of the bonding process.
- Personalised smile: You can use ultra-thin veneers to adjust the colour of one tooth or to achieve a full smile makeover. Additionally, you can adjust the colouring and sizing of your teeth as desired.
- Exceptional results: Our patients repeatedly leave our practice satisfied with their results and proud of their new smiles.
- Little post-operation sensitivity: Since hardly any enamel has been removed, patients are less likely to experience post-op sensitivity after treatment.
See more veneers advantages here.
You are a strong candidate for ultra-thin veneers if you suffer from:
- Misaligned teeth or misshapen
- Small-sized teeth
- Discoloured teeth
- You have fear or anxiety around drilling – this is a no-drill option
Additionally, it is important that your teeth are healthy and that you do not suffer from any health issues such as gum disease that may weaken your teeth.
Can you truly say you are happy with your smile?
With all of the things in the world to worry about – your teeth should not be one of them.
Many of our patients report that they have waited years before finally taking the leap and receiving treatment to get the smile they have always wanted.
Ultra-thin veneers can help you achieve the smile you desire with a minimally invasive, pain-free procedure, allowing you to see results fast and gain your confidence back fast.
Bespoke Smile provides exceptional dentistry for the people of Buckinghamshire and the surrounding areas.
We pride ourselves in offering high-quality care, affordability and unmatchable attentiveness towards our patient’s needs, desires and dental anxieties.
Safe and COVID secure
We put our customers first and combine rigorous technical expertise with a friendly personalised approach. We want to dispel the fears around dental care and allow people to take the bold step to transform into their dream smile.
Last medically reviewed by Dr Sam Jethwa: October 17, 2020 @